Tuesday, October 27, 2009

When's the last time you saw something like this on Ft. Bragg?

This was in the Ft. Bragg Commissairy parking lot, in an SGM parking space.
It's an Aston Martin V8 Vantage (correct me if I'm wrong), and probably a couple of years old.  If so, it could be worth around $75,000, a reasonably obtainable price for someone in the military, provided they were deployed for a while.  However, if it was new, it would be more in the $120,000 price range. 
Regardless of price, and provided it's the pre-'09 model, regardless of power, this is still a nice car.
I just love the sound of a nice engine with 8 cylinders or more.  This one sounded great, and I could have heard it better as it drove away, but unfortunately, my door was closed and the window was rolled up due to the rain.  
[update: today on Ft. Bragg I saw a Porsche Carrera S, a car that sells for around $100k, so it could answer the question posed by the title of this post.  However, I see Porsche 911s every so often, but this is the first time I've seen an Aston Martin in person.] 

  


No comments: