Friday, April 13, 2012

Unpleasantness

I have found that hardwood floors are appropriately named. While wrestling with my younger brother (who is now nearly half-a-foot taller, a little bit stronger, and only around ten pounds lighter than me) yesterday, my head hit the ground with a considerable amount of force, causing me to lose consciousness for some time (so those of my family who witnessed it say - I don't remember much after hitting my head though), giving me a concussion,, a lump on the head, a bleeding ear, a stomachache and headache, and a sore jaw - not to mention just feeling awful. Although I'd gotten a concussion ten years ago while the vibe I was playing Tarzan on broke (when I was roughly parallel with the ground), this is the first time I can remember getting knocked out. And unlike the previous occasion and other times my stomach and head felt bad, when I tried to sleep the pain did not go away; it may have when I was asleep but that was an off-and-on occurrence and I had to sit up repeatedly because my head was killing me. (some of the time it felt like it was about to explode - if that's what migraines feel like, I feel so sorry for people with them) And even now, a day later, I'm still not feeling so well...so remember everyone, it's not like how you read in novels; getting hit on the head results in more than a short-lasting headache - and it is not a pleasant experience. Prayers that I will be better by tomorrow (particularly so I can get college assignments done) would be appreciated. :)

7 comments:

Jordan Eaks said...

Awww, poor you! I will pray you feel better tommorrow!

Maximillian said...

Thank you, Jordan. :) I'm praying that I will get better too.

Miah said...

Oh goodness. I'm out of town and just now seeing this! I'm so sorry, I am glad you are recovering though.
I've been knocked out, but I didn't bleed or have any of those side affects except the headache and lump, so I can't really relate. I am sorry...

Maximillian said...

Thank you for the kind words, Riah. :) Getting knocked out like that is an experience that, having experienced it once, I don't want to have it happen again.

Miah said...

Yeah - I could live without going through that again. I was ten and hit with a huge stick upside my head by a nine year old friend of mine (by accident - he meant to hit his brother and his brother ducked, resulting in my getting hit. Honestly, I don't know how I even got behind his brother...). I had a headache for two days... Yeah, and my memory of most of that night is almost completely gone :) Oh well, somethings you just don't want to remember anyway :)

Mylena said...

Im so sorry, Max!!! I will be sure to remember this next time I'm wrestling with James! ;) My prayers go out to you!

Your Friend,
Mylena

Maximillian said...

Thanks Mylena!