Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Always bring a camera





Now, this may be the most boring post yet, but there's always a possibility someone may be interested. Yesterday, we were running were running errands and stopped at Harris Teeter, a grocery store. I see a variety of cool cars in its parking lot from time to time, including a Porsche Cayman S with a "handicapped" placard (driven by a woman wearing a nurse's or hygienist's uniform who looked relatively young and walked just fine...the car must not have belonged to her), a Mercedes-Benz SL 550 that looked rather bad with all the pollen on its black paint, a Mercedes CL 550, and other not so uncommon cars such as a Shelby Mustang GT500 (the previous generation GT500; not the '10 model). However, yesterday I finally saw a supercar/exotic car there, just like I had seen a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera in the Barnes & Noble parking lot near us.
As I was standing next to my van, I noticed a yellow car several rows away. I thought, "I know what that car is...," but it took a moment for it to click.
Of course, that's a Ferrari F430!
"There's a Ferrari!" I told my brothers, and they all rushed off to see it. It was an F430 - an F430 Spider, actually (the convertible model, for those who weren't sure what "Spyder" means). If you've watched National Treasure, the F430 Spyder is the car Riley drives off in at the end of the movie.
Unfortunately, unlike the Gallardo at Barnes & Noble, which I had gotten pictures of with my mom's cellphone, I was unable to do so this time. My brother had the phone and wouldn't part with it, and when he tried to take a picture of it, he accidentally took a video of it - once it was already down the parking lot and not that clear in the video. The owner drove off in it after only about a minute after I noticed it. So naturally, I was rather disappointed that I didn't have the digital camera like I had had on previous occasions when I took the photos of the M3 and Z3 M shown above.
The moral of the story?
If possible, bring a camera with you, since you'll probably never know when you'll want or need one, even if you aren't a car enthusiast like I am.

By the way, I threw in a couple of photos of a Plymouth SuperBird ("The King" in the movie,
Cars) that I caught some photos of on the road one day.

No comments: