Friday, April 24, 2009

BarlowGirl and family businesses

Probably my favorite Christian band is BarlowGirl. The way they use harmony in many of their songs sometimes sounds very nice (and pretty cool at other times). There lyrics are good too... but right now I'm not trying to show all the reasons why BarlowGirl is my favorite band.
Actually, I'm trying to say that I think the way they do things together is really neat.
The band consists of three sisters (Rebecca, Alyssa, and Lauren Barlow), and their dad (whom they used to be a backup band for) and mom are their managers. Also, their older brother and his wife manage their website and message board, if I remember correctly.
I make this point because I think it's pretty cool when a family finds something that they're good at and can make a family business out of it.

Cali Lewis and her husband, Neal Campbell, who produce the GeekBrief TV with Cali Lewis podcast, decided they were going to work together when they got married a little more than 10 years ago. I think that's pretty nice, especially because many couples have separate jobs ...

No comments: