Sunday, May 8, 2011

My first Scavenger Hunt Sunday + Macro Monday Once Again

SOOC:
By Lamplight
Aye mate, it's not particularly interesting, the alarm clock shouldn't be in the photo, and yours truly is far from a good model. However, it's SOOC and it did take me a bit to set up the lighting like this.

Sprouting:
Le onion.

Isn't it Ironic:
I just had to do this the difficult and complicated way and take a photo of my iPhone with my camera on a tripod rather than just using the screen capture feature...which I did afterwards (it's the second photo). Work smarter, not harder, eh?
Anyway, I find it slightly ironic that while smartphones are getting smarter and smarter and have tons of features, it's more difficult than it used to be to simply make a phone call. I doubt it's ironic, but incidentally, phones and bombs are getting smarter and smarter while kids are getting dumber and dumber...


Lazy:
Not too lazy; just resting for a bit. :)

Smells like spring:

I didn't actually smell this flower, but I suppose it smells nice.
This was my first attempt (other than another earlier today) at using a texture on one of my photos, so that should explain why this isn't very impressive...I have so much to learn about PS editing.
I used Ashley Sisk's Nice & Easy action and Kim Klassen's dustyrose texture (at least I think it was that one).




I can do better than this, I know...or at least I should be able to do better than this.

MM3


6 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

So glad you finally joined! Love that lazy shot...so cute! And I'm also glad to see that you used my action too. I hope you had a great weekend!

Kala said...

Cheers Maximillian. I love your sprouting onion photo!

nzkiwigirl said...

So cool that you joined in SHS this week!
Loved your pics, especially the sprouting one and lazy one. The editing on the lil onion is really good!
I love your macro shot, the background is really soft and the pink stands out so nicely.
How did your birthday go?

Abby said...

The flower is so pretty for your smells like spring shot!

Linda said...

Beautiful photography here... Happy to have found you to follow!

Maximillian said...

Ashley,
Thanks. :) I'm just beginning to learn about advanced editing techniques with PS, but I hope to get better quickly.

Kala,
Thank you. :)

Jess,
Yep, I kept forgetting about it, but I managed to participate for the first time. Thank you. :) Light, pastel tones aren't usually my style, since I guess I prefer a darker feel, but they can work at times, I guess.

Abby,
Thank you. :)

Linda,
Thank you very much! :)