Thursday, March 24, 2011

Good/Bad

There is no good news or bad news; there is just news.  (from Kung Fu Panda)
Whatever. Anyway, I have both good and bad news (also known as Rants & Raves on World Magazine's blog.


Bad: I had a headache yesterday and the day before.
Good: The headache seems to have gone away now.
Bad: I haven't had a job for a long time and not even McDonald's would hire me (but maybe that's not such a bad thing)
Good: I just got a job on Wednesday as a pizza delivery driver and went in yesterday for my first day on the job. While far from my dream job, it's nearby and not currently too stressful, like my last job was.
Bad: Customers who don't tip anything.
Good: Lots of photo opportunities with trees, landscapes, and more.
Bad: POLLEN! The yellow stuff gets on my camera, in my eyes, shoes, etc. and is a great annoyance. I looked through my camera's viewfinder and it looked like had dust spots on the sensor or something, but they didn't appear to show up in my photos, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Good: All your nice comments. :)   




Edit: I wrote a bunch more last night but it didn't get saved, so I'm going to have to try to rewrite it. Bleh. Stay tuned; I'll try to finish this one quickly. Writing a long post/comment/bunch of words and having it all go poof! is very frustrating, as I'm sure you all know. Sometimes, if I've written lots of words, I copy and paste into Notepad (and sometimes even save the Notepad document), so if the comment or whatever it was disappears, I don't feel like I want to tear my hair out. 
These photos aren't particularly interesting, I know, but I haven't finished sifting through and editing my recent batch of images (100+).


Edit (3/26/11):
Bad: Last night my car died on the way back from a delivery, but I pulled over to the side of the road as that was happening, and my dad came and helped me out with his car. Earlier, I'd had trouble finding multiple houses, and the worst was the last, where (at night) I took a wrong turn (it doesn't help to have only vague directions) and the food was cold by the time I arrived at the customer's house. After getting back to the restaurant, I had to take a new order out the the same customer to switch with the cold one, and it wasn't a very short distance. A bunch of wasted time and gas...and  
Good: My dad and I worked on my car and it seems to be working fine now.
Bad: My car isn't very fuel-efficient and could be better...
Good?: My mom left a while ago to get me a phone upgrade as an early birthday present for me: an 8gb iPhone 3GS. The reason this "Good" has a question mark is because AT&T dropped the unlimited data plan for new data plan users, I'm going to be paying for the data plan ($25 a month for 2gb of data transfer), and the iPhone is only an 8gb, so I can't use it as a replacement for "The Brick" (my black Zune 30gb) like I would if I got a 32gb iPod Touch or a Zune HD (although I'd go for the 5th or even 4th generation Touch over the Zune if only because the many available apps make it more useful for me). 





11 comments:

Olivia said...

Thats really neat Max! good luck to ya!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you :D (though I'm sorry about the intermittent headaches :-P). I hope work goes (or went) okay :D.

Maximillian said...

Thanks, Livvy!

Thanks so much, Elizabeth. :) My head isn't hurting that badly right now; I hope it'll stay that way and get better soon.
Work went decently; while I'd prefer a job that doesn't require driving (so no extra gas money required) and is pretty easy, like working at the video store (yes, I know, I'm lazy), this one is conveniently located less than two miles away. In fact, I could walk there if I didn't need my car for deliveries. I'm still hoping the photography business will become a reality before too long.

Kala said...

Congratulations on the job Maximillian!

Barbara Palmisano said...

beautiful shots!

Maximillian said...

Thank you very much, Kala. :)

Thanks, Barbara.

Anonymous said...

Count your blessings on missing out on McDonald's. The only good thing that came out of that restaurant were mocha frappés. Sides, there are worse things then being a delivery boy. Like, well, um, *cough, cough* like McDonald's *ahem*. Anyways. :]

I guess it is getting around to that point in the year where pollen starts it's annual bombing. I'm so glad I'm not allergic to that. I'm really not allergic to anything except ridiculously large amounts of dust and maybe mold. That what I think I really had last week. Allergy induced headaches and nausea. I had been helping my aunt clean the Brown Mansion and that always reeks of dust and must. :)

Anyways, I better run. My characters have started screaming at me to type. And I don't want them scaring you. ;) Trust me, Cooper can be quite fearsome...so can Percy, but he's just five so that doesn't count [but don't tell him I said that. :)]

-Ara

ps: I can't believe I rambled on about allergies like that...or my characters. Sheesh. Of all things. *runs off blushing*

Maximillian said...

I prefer caramel frappés. :)

Now if I do

I used to be allergic to cat hair, but I'm not anymore; I don't know if I'm allergic to anything right now.

I've got to run as well; I've got to finish setting up my new iPhone and get ready for work.

EmmaLee said...

Good to all the goods, and sorry to all the bads.
I hope your list will be all goods soon... :)
and I loved both of those pictures!
I was trying to decide which one I liked better, and I can't! :P

michaela said...

Headaches are the worst, aren't they? Well, some of the worst anyway.

Congrats about the job. You should thank heaven McDonalds didn't take you.

The only place I'd ever want to work is the cute little coffee shop in town ;). I'm a sucker for good coffee.

Michaela

Maximillian said...

Ara: I was saying "Now if I do..." but I posted it and forgot what I was going to say...
Thanks for the support. :)

Emily: Thanks. :)
Those photos really aren't very good - or even some of my better ones, but I'm glad you like them.

Michaela,
You and Ara are probably right about McDonald's not being a very nice place to work. I'd want to work at a movie store next to the pizza place, since it would probably be slow-paced (and go out of business soon as well), and I don't do usually work as well (or like it) when I'm rushed.