Friday, June 25, 2010

Too hot

I just got back from running 2.25 miles.  Some time ago, I used to run 3 miles three times a week, although that often turned into only twice a week.  Recently, I've gotten out of shape since I haven't been running at all.
However, like I said the other day, I'm trying to get back into shape now, so I ran 2.25 miles last Tuesday and today.  I might look like I'm in decent shape, but I'll admit I don't have much stamina (I never really did, it seems like, even when I played soccer).  Today when I went running, an old lady walking her dogs said, "It's too hot to be running."  I definitely agree with her.  The current temperature over here is 90°, although the felt temperature is between 99-102°.  To say running right now is not fun is an understatement.  I'm not complaining, especially since it could be worse...like the weather in my "Soldier for a Day" post, where I don't think it was as humid, but the sun just baked you at more than 100°.  I know, I know, you've probably been somewhere where it was 120° or something, but exercising in hot weather period is not exactly a walk in the park.  ;)
I might write something actually worth reading later.


-Max out 

1 comment:

Hannah Leigh said...

I know what you mean. I've been running, and it's SO hot! You guys are probably in an area worse than up here, so I can't complain too much. But, then again, baking for a fairly good body is worth the sacrifice, right? (Trust me...I've been killing myself in almost the same way!!)