Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Return to writing; Don't become one of them

Even though I'm a little tired right now, I'm going to try to get at least partway through this post and publish it because, true to my word, I don't want to completely bombard my blog with photos and photo challenge entries and leave off writing.  


Various thoughts: 
Unfortunately, I haven't really been writing much recently, except for a little bit of experimentation with poetry that I'm working on right now.  I should try to start working on my book again, although generally photography is easier, since no major brain-wracking thought is necessary.


Contradictions:
I use a Sony bag for my Canon EOS Rebel XS DSLR and a Microsoft mouse with my old iMac G4.  I wonder if I have any "taboo" contradictions.  Contradictions...that reminds me of the amusing Starburst commercials - the "zombie on the bus" one in particular.  I found it fairly amusing.


Now to the main point.


Recently I was reading my One Year Bible and read the following verse:
Jeremiah 2:33 
Why trimmest thou thy way to seek love? therefore hast thou also taught the wicked ones thy ways.
I believe that the most basic application of this verse is that compromising on your beliefs for popularity (or fame, or power, or...) is against the principles of standing for your faith (and for other things you believe in).
I'm sure many people compromise on their principles in order to be liked or for other reasons, so I think this is worth mentioning.  
Hm, I didn't say as much as I would have liked to have written about this verse, but I can't think of too much more to say.


I'll get back to the drawing, er, writing board and perhaps I'll post something of the writing side of me, as opposed to the photography side.  It's never good to be too predictable, is it?    




-Max out

No comments: